Blake, Hefford and French
In the 1960s, Denis was a partner with Bill Blake and Reg French in Blake, Hefford and French, Architectural and Mechanical Modelmakers, a professional modelmaking company based in Hove.
French's biography lists modelling work for the redevelopments at Piccadilly Circus, the 1960s Paternoster Square redevelopment alongside St Paul's Cathedral, Gatwick Airport, and London Bridge, as well as work in South Africa and Australia.
The quantity of architecture-related work surged in the late Sixties with the boom in London developments, and in 1966 the firm took on Chris Littledale. When the flood of new work subsided, Chris took up the offer to have continued access to the firm's workshop, and collaborated with Denis on some railway-related models.
In the museum
As well as building most of the museum's overhead radio-controlled aircraft and the large Sterling Single locomotive, Hefford was commissioned to produce most of the central buildings on the 1930s gauge 0 model railway layout, mostly styled after examples of Brighton architecture.
==more content to follow==
- Reginald C French (1925-2013), The Friends of Palmeira & Adelaide (fopa.co.uk)
- University of Liverpool, Archives for Piccadilly Circus 1960-68 () – mentions archived correspondence with "Messrs. Blake, Hefford and French (Architectural and Mechanical Modelmakers, Hove, Sussex)"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category ‘Denis Hefford’
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
Media in category ‘Denis Hefford’
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Area 72.jpg 800 × 800; 306 KB
- Avro Vulcan V-bomber radio-controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,024 × 1,020; 245 KB
- DeHavilland Tiger Moth, radio controlled model biplane (Denis Hefford).jpg 2,000 × 1,125; 1.06 MB
- Denis Hefford with his Fokker triplane rc model.jpg 2,200 × 1,517; 788 KB
- Denis Hefford with his rc model of a Vickers Vimy biplane, H651.jpg 2,000 × 1,200; 425 KB
- Junkers Ju52, D-AHIT, with Supermarine Spitfire W BD (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,600 × 901; 940 KB
- LMS 2309, 2-6-4 locomotive, gauge 1 (Denis Hefford).jpg 2,000 × 1,124; 470 KB
- MR 635, Johnson 4-2-2 locomotive, gauge 1 (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,024 × 478; 125 KB
- Nieuport 10 radio-controlled model biplane (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,600 × 1,067; 932 KB
- RAF BE12 biplane 6501, radio controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,600 × 900; 207 KB
- Rumpler C I biplane radio controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,200 × 599; 426 KB
- Savoia-Marchetti SM-81 Pipistrello radio-controlled trimotor aeroplane (Denis Hefford).jpg 2,000 × 1,334; 1.49 MB
- Scout Experimental 5 (SE5) biplane radio-controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,200 × 800; 444 KB
- Stirling Single gauge 0, detail.jpg 1,024 × 768; 423 KB
- Stirling Single, 5''-gauge, detail.jpg 1,024 × 768; 481 KB
- Vickers Vimy biplane radio-controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 2,000 × 1,334; 1.42 MB
- Vulcan V-bomber, radio-controlled model (Denis Hefford).jpg 1,200 × 598; 453 KB