Category:Hornby Dublo accessories

From The Brighton Toy and Model Index

The first wave of Hornby-Dublo accessories were available when the system launched in 1938.

This range concentrated on the functional rather than the purely decorative – if many users would be setting up temporary layouts on their kitchen tables, then there was less need for permanent layout accessories such as backdrops, or "garnish" such as trees, bushes or fields (as in Hornby Series' earlier short-lived Countryside Sections range). Many of these additional auxiliary items could be made by the determined user or sourced from third-party companies, and Meccano Ltd. focussed instead on a core range of "essential" pieces such as human figures, and signalling and trackside telegraph poles and posters.

Buildings

The Hornby-Dublo range of buildings went through three distinct generations - pre-war wood, postwar diecast metal, and finally, moulded plastic clip-together kits.

Track

Track appeared in three versions – pre-war, the range had metal-bedded three-rail electric track and two-rail track for clockwork trains, with three-rail being standardised on once the clockwork range had been discontinued - the clockwork trains ran fine on (unpowered) three-rail track.

In around 1958, the company produced a new cheaper two-rail track more like modern model railway track, with two independently-wired metal rails fitted to plastic sleepers.

Vehicles

Road vehicles were represented in the Dublo range by a small number of 1:76-scale Dublo Dinky Toys.


Subcategories

This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.

Media in category ‘Hornby Dublo accessories’

The following 101 files are in this category, out of 101 total.