Category:2018 - new exhibits and infrastructure
|2017||Exhibits and upgrades||2019|
2018 started with the installation of four shelves of C19th flat lead figures in Arch Four, followed by the display of three more miniature sewing machines, bringing the total up to eleven. We are currently waiting for a nice Meccano No.7 set, which we hope to install some time around May-June (estimated).
Main 2018 updates
- C19th German flat lead figures:
- ... Battle of Morat
- ... Viking raid on a Saxon village
- ... Zoo
- Three more miniature/toy sewing machines.
- Part of museum floor resurfaced with grip paint.
- Finally, a Museum Guide Book!
- Two more toy theatres,
- Community Rail Partnership agreement signed with Brighton Station
- Elastolin "Cowboys and Indians" display
- Animate Toys display
- Framed "Tri-ang" products catalogue poster, circa ~1938
- Upgraded internet connection, improving public wi-fi
- Meccano No.7 set in new display area
- Banner poster above Trafalgar Street
- Two display cabinets in Brighton Station
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Lead figures (display) (3 C, 12 P)
- ► Viking Raid, flat lead figures (possibly Heinrichsen) (1 P, 4 F)
Pages in category ‘2018 - new exhibits and infrastructure’
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
Media in category ‘2018 - new exhibits and infrastructure’
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Battle of Morat, lead figures set - Zinnfiguren (Heinrichsen of Nuremburg).jpg 2,284 × 3,000; 2.13 MB
- Brighton Toy and Model Museum Souvenir Guide, front cover (ISBN 9780851016276).jpg 3,000 × 3,000; 4.06 MB
- Essex Miniature Sewing Machine, front cover.jpg 1,654 × 2,500; 1.78 MB
- Mathews Animated Empire Vaudeville Theatre, box lid.jpg 1,600 × 1,247; 1.49 MB
- Mathews model toys (MM 1935-08).jpg 855 × 1,200; 156 KB
- Melee, Battle of Morat, flat lead figures (Heinrichsen of Nuremberg).jpg 3,000 × 3,000; 3.9 MB
- Preparing to photograph Oliver Cromwell locomotive (2018-01).jpg 800 × 534; 387 KB
- Viking on Horseback, lead flat (possibly Henrichsen).jpg 3,000 × 3,000; 2.1 MB
- Viking Raid, flat lead figures - zinnfiguren (possibly Heinrichsen).jpg 2,451 × 3,000; 2.16 MB
- Vulcan Countess sewing machine, box lid .jpg 2,500 × 1,884; 4.01 MB
- Woman on Horseback, back, flat lead figure (possibly Heinrichsen).jpg 3,000 × 3,000; 1.4 MB
- Woman on Horseback, front, flat lead figure (possibly Heinrichsen).jpg 2,995 × 3,000; 1.72 MB