Mechanics Made Easy | Meccano | Super Models | Motor Car Constructor | Aeroplane Constructor | Dinky Builder | X-Series | Plastic
W UK US FR DE 1900s | 1910s | 1920s | 1930s | 1940s | 1950s | 1960s | 1970s |
Meccano Magazine became properly bi-monthly in September 1920 (eight pages), and became a twelve-page monthly in September 1922. July 1923 saw the ten-page magazine get partial colour on its covers, with full-colour covers appearing in 1924.
Continuing the "colour" theme, 1926 saw a major relaunch of Meccano to mark the product's 25th anniversary, the big difference being that this was now "Meccano in Colour". Where the previous sets' parts had been metallic (silver and gold-coloured, with nickelled steel strips, and brass wheels and gears), the steel parts of "The New Meccano" were now painted, with strips being painted green and plates painted red (rd and green being complementary colours, for maximum colour contrast).
Pages in category ‘1920s Meccano’
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category ‘1920s Meccano’
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Gamleys-branded Meccano Ltd catalogue, cover (1927).jpg 2,022 × 3,000; 3.76 MB
- Jaeger Meccano Jersey (MM 1924-011).jpg 2,000 × 1,298; 496 KB
- Simply Ageless, Meccano Simplicity models (MM 1968-01).jpg 1,182 × 1,600; 523 KB
- Stuart Turner engine to drive Meccano models (MM 1929-02).jpg 1,125 × 1,496; 234 KB
- The Magic Carpet (1925) cover small.jpg 993 × 1,240; 222 KB