Coronation Garden for the Blind
The Coronation Garden for the Blind (or Blind People's Garden) in Preston Park, was opened in 1953, the year of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation. It was been specially set out with plants chosen for their scent and tactility, with labelling in braille.
The garden is part of the original Preston Manor grounds. The stone roofing of the shelter originally came from Lyminster Church.
Although the lawn and the Shelter are still there, and still part of Preston Park, the special plantings for tactility and scent are no longer obviously there, there doesn't seem to be any braille, and the area is no longer signposted as as a park for the blind.