The Volks Electric Railway's Halfway Station is, as the name suggests, the station in the middle of the line, between the termini at The Aquarium Station and Black Rock Station. In the past it's also been known as Paston Place Station and the Peter Pan Playground Station.
The Station's central stop was apparently closer to the original central shed site, but after World War Two (when the platforms were removed), rather than rebuild on exactly the same location, they put the new version of the station a little further to the West, where it would be more convenient for the Peter Pan Playground.
Media in category ‘Halfway Station’
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Electric Railway near Black Rock, Brighton, postcard 18.jpg 3,000 × 1,910; 4.9 MB
- Volks Electric Railway (BHAD10ed 1933).jpg 2,500 × 1,693; 2.21 MB
- Volks Electric Railway, Banjo Groyne (BHAD10ed 1933).jpg 2,500 × 1,692; 2.18 MB
- Volks Halfway Station, postwar, postcard (C-12339-Z1).jpg 3,000 × 2,104; 4.08 MB