Category:2014 - new exhibits and infrastructure
From The Brighton Toy and Model Index
|2013||Exhibits and upgrades||2015|
A list of the new exhibits and improvements to the museum infrastructure that appeared during 2014 (currently incomplete).
- The 100 Years of Steam display went back to its owner, and the cabinet now holds a temporary display of small road vehicles. The plan is to use this cabinet to hold N-gauge and other small-gauge model railway pieces.
- The Legend of Hornby display that was created for the 2013 Frank Hornby Anniversary was replaced with a new display commemorating World War One.
- The 00-gauge layout showing the East Sussex Countryside was looking a little tired, so we gave it a major overhaul and refit, including freshening up the scenery, rebuilding and customising the track, and installing a set of trackside buildings, accessories and cottages.
- We renovated the Hastings East Hill Funicular Railway model, built a new mechanism for the carriages, and built it its own enclosure
- The arched interior facade in the museum lobby was extended across the front wall
- We build a theatre-shaped "window" in one wall of the Puppet Corner to use for storytelling activities on Children's Days.
- We put an additional bookshelf for second-hand books alongside the Museum Shop counter, with a custom sign (RAILWAY BOOKS) and spotlight lighting
- The 1930s gauge 0 layout gained a winerack-style storage area for carriages
started but not finished
- The renovated East Hill Funicular display still needs fitting with a pushbutton
- Work needs to continue on the 00-gauge town layout
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category ‘2014 - new exhibits and infrastructure’
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.