John Hayward ("the Mutoscope man") is a performer and collector of magic tricks, automata and old arcade machines, and the founder of the National Museum of Slot Machines (now Mechanical Memories), Brighton.
John is an authority on Mutoscopes, and after repairing several, ended up specialising in the casting of replacement Mutoscope parts, to the extent that he was able to start building complete Mutoscopes from scratch.
Almost all the coin-operated devices in the museum are on loan from John's collection.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► The Fairground (display) (1 C, 4 F)
Pages in category ‘John Hayward’
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category ‘John Hayward’
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Fairground of the past on display, article (Argus 2007-06-29).jpg 500 × 297; 42 KB
- Fairs Gone By, Fairground Exhibition (Leader 2007-07-05).jpg 500 × 396; 83 KB
- John Hayward, Fairground Exhibition (2007).jpg 419 × 283; 37 KB
- Tony Robinson visits Brighton Toy and Model Museum.jpg 450 × 338; 61 KB