Welcome to Brighton Toy and Model Museum's Exhibits Wiki!
This Wiki system is intended to act as a general-purpose public resource and repository for background information on the Museum's exhibits, and on the general and social history of toys and toymaking. Although it uses the same software that powers Wikipedia, editing is currently reserved for Museum staff and invitees only. For now, it currently only deals with a small part of the Museum's collection.
Feel free to explore!
Entries so far
Inside the Museum
Outside the Museum
We have an example wiki page for new editors with styling guidelines and links to further information.
"Stub" pages :
A "stub" page is a wikipage with very little information that needs expansion.
All Pages (view):
Most pages are for Museum exhibits, but there are also pages for some major manufacturers, for some of the original objects that have been modelled, and for other subjects that relate to the Museum and/or its exhibits.
All Categories (view):
At the bottom of each page is an optional list of categories that apply to the page. A page can have multiple category tags. The Wiki software automatically creates and updates page indexes for each individual category tag.
Statistics, as of 11 March 2014
Other online resources
- The Museum's main website is at http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/
- The Museum's Twitter account is at http://twitter.com/thetoymuseum/
- The Museum's wiki is here, at http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/wiki/
- The Museum's news blog is at http://brightontoyandmodelmuseum.blogspot.com/
- The Museum's YouTube videos are at http://www.youtube.com/user/brightontoymuseum/