| Revision information, |
21 October 2016
Publisher: Brighton Toy and Model Museum, UK
Editor: Eric Baird
5,240 Images and other files
34,535 edits since 2011-02
The Brighton Toy and Model Index
The Brighton Toy and Model Index is a regularly-updated knowledgebase for toys and models, and the general and social history of modelmaking and toymaking across the UK and Europe, from the industrial revolution to the middle of the Twentieth Century.
As of October 2016, the Index currently holds over five thousand pages and a similar number of photographs and archive scans.
Although this encyclopaedia is powered by the same software that runs Wikipedia and (like Wikipedia), is a continually-growing "work in progress", editing is reserved for authorised Museum personnel.
- Miller Swan & Co. – category page
- Briklo construction sets
- Cotswold Village series (Spot-On) – ~1960 catalogue images
- Britains Miniature Gardening (Britains Ltd.) – ~1931 catalogue images
- Jenny's Home dollhouse furniture (Rovex) – 1967 catalogue images
- Klipit Construction Outfits (Hobbies of Dereham)
- "Strip-Work" wooden construction outfits (Hobbies of Dereham)
- Minic Vehicles (Tri-ang) – expanded listings
Some major manufacturers:
Sections recently or currently being expanded...
Some popular pages
Brighton - More pages about relevant Brighton-related subjects. The museum is an official Brighton Tourist Information Point, and supplies free maps to visitors, courtesy of VisitBrighton
For authorised editors, the style guidelines are laid out on an example page.