Category:E L Grain (Sewing Machines) Ltd
|Toy Brands and Manufacturers|
E L Grain (Sewing Machines) Ltd
E.L. Grain was started in Nottingham in around ~1930 by Ernest Leslie Grain, and circa ~1947 produced a sewing machine modelled on the Singer Model 20, originally in black, but later in green for the standard model and red for the more expensive versions with enhanced accessories (carry-case, extension work table, etc).
The Grain machines were considered by aficionados to be something special, and circa ~1959, the company decided to put out a luxury version, the Mk2. The Mk2 had technical refinements, a smoothed working area and rather nicely restyled body.
Pages in category ‘E L Grain (Sewing Machines) Ltd’
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.
Media in category ‘E L Grain (Sewing Machines) Ltd’
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- E L Grain, mk1, logo.jpg 2,560 × 1,024; 240 KB
- E L Grain, mk2, logo.jpg 3,196 × 711; 175 KB
- Grain Mk2 Sewing Machine, red base.jpg 3,000 × 2,000; 2.91 MB
- Grain Mk2 sewing machines booklet, front cover.jpg 1,600 × 1,556; 1.66 MB
- Grain Sewing Machine Mk1, green.jpg 2,200 × 1,650; 1.86 MB
- Grain Sewing Machine Mk2, box.jpg 1,200 × 800; 613 KB
- Grain sewing machines booklet, back cover.jpg 1,024 × 997; 588 KB