The Coronation Scot in advertising
From The Brighton Toy and Model Index
Contemporary advertising featuring the Coronation Scot.
Advert featuring Driver Clarke, UK newspapers.
Mobil Oil, Time magazine, March 1939 (p.39)
A full-page advert with the headline:
- U.S. WELCOMES BRITAIN'S GREAT "CORONATION SCOT"
- Britain's crack "streamliner" here for N.Y. World's Fair! "
, followed by a half-page landscape publicity photograph of the train, with an inset reading
- On its tour of America, as well as at home ...
- THIS RECORD-HOLDER IS LUBRICATED BY THE MAKERS OF MOBIL OIL!
Bottom left: two pictures with associate paragraph text:
- MODERN IN EVERY DETAIL
- -- from handset telephones, luxurious appointments in every car -- to lubrication by the makers of Mobiloil for the protection of her record-breaking engine.
- BELL INSTALLED FOR U.S. TOUR
- ... none required in England. A special headlight also had to be installed. The "Scot" runs on a daylight schedule in England .. covers 400-mile run in 6 1/2 hours.
- Important to Car Owners throughout the U.S.A.
- The costly engine of the "Coronation Scot" demands the best protection money can buy. That's why it's lubricated by Socony-Vacuum Products.
- Your car can get the same positive protection. Use Mobiloil. it's made by Socony-Vacuum ... refined for modern automobile motors by the experts who lubricate a great part of the world's finest industrial machinery. Socony-vacuum Oil Company, Inc.
- MADE FOR YOUR CAR BY LUBRICATION EXPERTS