Grand Parade

From The Brighton Toy and Model Index

Grand Parade is the original main route into Brighton from London, before the building of the railway. It links The Level to Old Steine, passing the Royal Pavilion.

1825 development:

The open space between the Grand Parade and Marlborough and Gloucester Places, which was formerly a mere receptacle for rubbish, has of late years been converted into two handsome Lawns, planted with shrubs, and inclosed by dwarf walls and iron palisades. This ground formed a part of the Level, as it was called; as did also the site of the New Church, which is at a short distance northwards.

— , E.W. Brayley, F.S.A., , Topographical Sketches of Brighthelmston and its Neighbourhood, , 1825