|Toy Brands and Manufacturers|
Hugar Models of South Street, Epsom were produced by Hugh Gardner, and were predominantly wooden trackside buildings - however, there were also items of rolling stock and other pieces.
Construction of the wooden buildings was slightly crude and cheerful, and tended to use "dollhouse" construction tricks - a signalbox might have a protruding panel-pin for a doorknob, and have a door that hinged thanks to a piece of cloth attached to the back.
Hugar Models range
Their 1939 advert lists eighteen categories of building:
- Timber Yard
- Sand and Cement Depot
- Coal Yard
- Stations, Large and Small
- Locomotive Sheds
- Tunnel Portals
- Village Inns
- Oil Depot
- Forage Merchant's Yard
- Freight Sheds
- Shunters' Cabin
- Road Bridges
- Foot Bridges
Pages in category ‘Hugar Models’
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category ‘Hugar Models’
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Crowhurst Signal Box (Hugar Models).jpg 1,400 × 1,050; 713 KB
- Farm Buildings set, view05 (Hugar for Britains).jpg 3,000 × 1,833; 874 KB
- Farm Buildings set, view06 (Hugar for Britains).jpg 3,000 × 1,812; 862 KB
- Hugar brand logo.jpg 1,024 × 696; 208 KB
- Hugar Models advert (SRMT 1939).jpg 715 × 1,200; 205 KB
- Hugar Models, 1939 range (SRMT 1939).jpg 2,452 × 1,568; 382 KB