Category:Dollhouse Furniture Project 2016
From The Brighton Toy and Model Index
One of the museum's biggest projects for 2016 is the creation of a brand new dollhouse furniture display, in Arch Two.
This is a major undertaking with several stages:
May 2016 onwards
- Adding extra shelf for additional exhibits
- Planning the reorganisation of the museum's dollhouses
January to May 2016
- The renovation, sealing and making good of the display space.
- The design and creation of two modular display stands:
- The creation of backdrops for the display "rooms", using images from a 1920 "doll book".
- Sifting and sorting the museum's dollhouse furniture collection.
- Cleaning and restoration work.
- Research work, including scanning and editing catalogue and advertising images from the museum's archives, for internal use and for putting online as an information resource.
- Identification of key manufacturers and product ranges.
- Selecting a labelling method for the display space.
- Arranging the exhibits and "props" in the display.
- Creating online content.
- Launching the new display in May 2016
Media in category ‘Dollhouse Furniture Project 2016’
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Dollhouse furniture display units - lighting tests.jpg 1,600 × 1,600; 1.26 MB
- Bassett-Lowke carpet, being cleaned (DFP2016).jpg 1,600 × 1,067; 1.19 MB
- Dollhouse furniture display stands.jpg 1,800 × 1,200; 837 KB
- Dressing the Dollhouse Furniture display cabinet, lhs (2016-04).jpg 2,200 × 1,467; 1.99 MB
- Dressing the Dollhouse Furniture display cabinet, rhs (2016-04).jpg 2,200 × 1,467; 1.8 MB
- Grouping by maker (DHFP2016).jpg 1,600 × 1,067; 1.03 MB
- SAM 6910.jpg 1,067 × 1,600; 998 KB
- Sorting and identifying the dollhouse furniture (DFP2016).jpg 1,600 × 1,067; 1.03 MB
- Tri-ang Period Queen Anne dollhouse furniture.jpg 1,600 × 1,067; 909 KB