Category:Bradshaw Model Products Ltd
|Toy Brands and Manufacturers|
Bradshaw Model Products Ltd
Bradshaw Model Products seems to have started out as a local agent for a motorcycle company, with premises on 6 Western Road, becoming S.G. Bradshaw's in the 1920's.
Around this time, it was fairly common for shops that sold bicycles to pad out their range by also selling toys and modelmaking equipment (these being other interests for lads with disposable income and technical inclinations – Halfords were also a Meccano stockist) and Bradshaws became a significant local seller of modelmaking supplies. They show up as an advertiser in Meccano Magazine from 1953 to 1956
Bradshaws don't seem to have been shy about opening and closing "satellite" premises, and had shops scattered all over Brighton and Hove at various times ... their "Bradshaw Model Products" adverts list the main address at being still at 5-6 Western Road until around ~1953, and a new address at 40 Waterloo Street (just around the corner, on the same block) starting with the cover of the 1954 catalogue.
Bradshaw and Revell
Impressively, a 1956 trade advert lists Bradshaw as being the sole UK distributor for Revell plastic model kits. However, this might have been short-lived, as Revell's advertising in Meccano Magazine (from 1956 onwards), seems to indicate a proper UK subsidiary of Revell now acting as distributor, with a London address.
We've seen just one Bradshaw advert for Revell in Meccano Magazine: a quarter-page ad in the March 1956 issue, which also seems to have been Bradshaw's last advert in MM.
- Bradshaw Model Products Ltd. – 5-6 Western Road, Hove 2, Sussex – (-1953)
- Bradshaw Model Products Ltd. – 40 Waterloo Street, Hove 2, Sussex – (1954-)
- Do you remember the shop? Bradshaw's cycles, by Andy Grant (mybrightonandhove.org.uk)
- Models Of Classic 1950s British Saloons From Bradscars (antiquesandauctionnews.net)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category ‘Bradshaw Model Products Ltd’
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Bradshaw Are Moving (MM 1954-01).jpg 558 × 800; 119 KB
- Bradshaw Model Products, logo (1953).jpg 725 × 725; 192 KB
- Nucro Box ends, BMP Ltd.jpg 1,200 × 654; 100 KB
- Nucro box ends.jpg 1,200 × 605; 115 KB
- Nucro box lids.jpg 1,600 × 855; 225 KB
- Nucro instruction sheet (BMP Ltd).jpg 960 × 1,024; 213 KB
- Revell Plastic Model Kits, Bradshaw Model Products (MM 1956-03).jpg 1,045 × 1,546; 376 KB
- Revell, Bradshaw Model Products (GaT 1956).jpg 1,022 × 1,600; 759 KB