Hornby 150 at the Museum of Liverpool (Aug 2013)
From The Brighton Toy and Model IndexJump to navigationJump to search
The Museum of Liverpool is commemorating Frank Hornby's 150th anniversary with a series of events, from Wednesday 28th to Friday 30th August 2013.
The details below are taken from an MoL draft schedule: details may be subject to change.
Talks and Lectures
at intervals throughout the day
- " Join members of the Education and Curatorial teams for a series of talks exploring the history of Meccano, Dinky and the legacy of Frank Hornby. "
11am – 4pm each day
- " Get inspired by members of Merseyside Model Railway Society and the Northwest Meccano Guild as they showcase some of their finest Hornby creations including a block-setting crane and the "Italian Job" coach! "
11am, 1pm and 3pm Friday only
- " Younger visitors can join in with the story of The Runaway Train in our Tent of Stories in the Wondrous Place Gallery. "
- " Get hands-on with Meccano and build your own inventions in the interactive workshop. Plastic or metal: take your pick. "
2pm – 4pm each day
- " Make your own Hornby inspired craft creations to take home. "