Category:Hove Station

From The Brighton Toy and Model Index

Hove Railway Station (HOV) is one stop West of Brighton Station. It was opened in 1865 as Cliftonville Station, and after a number of name-changes ended up inheriting the name "Hove Station" after the original Hove Station closed.

Architecture

Although the actual station building itself is not particularly impressive (and seems to be the brick-built equivalent of a barn), some of the 1880-dated ornamental ironwork supporting the forecourt glass shelter area is really rather nice.

There's also a very nice ornamental green tiled "London Brighton & South Coast Railway" panel nearby.


Media in category ‘Hove Station’

The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.