Category:George E Mellor (GEM)
|Toy Brands and Manufacturers|
George E Mellor (GEM)
GEM was the trading name of George E. Mellor, who produced a range of model plans, and also sold track, locomotives and rolling stock.
GEM advertised in some of the more specialist model railway publications, and some of their products were also available through the Exley catalogues.
1955 promotional text (plans)
Accurate full sized 4mm scale drawings with an amount of detail which puts them far ahead of any other series on the market. Many new drawings are in course of preparation and will be announced from time to time.
- George E. Mellor, Allanson Road, Rhos-On-Sea, N. Wales – from a 1936 advert
- George E. Mellor, 5 Brewis Road, Rhos-On-Sea, North Wales – from a 1939 advert
- Topic: George E. Mellor Rhôs on Sea (threetownsforum.co.uk)
- Conwy Archive Service: Drawings of models of locomotives by George E Mellor, founder of GEM Models (nationalarchives.gov.uk)
Media in category ‘George E Mellor (GEM)’
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- GEM Locomotive Drawings, George E Mellor (ExleyCat 1955).jpg 1,262 × 1,600; 399 KB
- GEM logo, George E Mellor.jpg 520 × 520; 26 KB
- GEM Track Parts, George E Mellor (ExleyCat 1955).jpg 1,524 × 1,600; 477 KB
- George E Mellor (SRMT 1939).jpg 1,342 × 2,200; 394 KB
- George E Mellor, Post Office mail vans (TMRN 1936-09).jpg 755 × 1,200; 223 KB
- Permanent Way by George E Mellor (MEE 1936).jpg 772 × 1,200; 302 KB