Airbourne (Eastbourne International Airshow)
Airbourne is an annual air display that takes place over and around the beachfront in Eastbourne, East Sussex. It's a major yearly event for airplane enthusiasts.
To travel from Brighton to Eastbourne on the number 12 (or 12A, 12X) bus takes a little over an hour (depending on the route), but it's a pleasantly scenic journey over the South Downs.
Past displays have included helicopter aerobatics, jet plane flyovers, and classic planes such as the Vulcan delta bomber and WW2 aircraft.
2011 dates: 11-14 August 2011
Times of individual displays to be announced.
Expected 2011 displays
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- Hawk T1 trainer jet
- RAF Tornado GR4
- RAF Tucano
- The Red Arrows
- Spitfire Mk IX flyover
- Tutor T1
- The Breitling Wingwalkers (Boeing Stearman biplanes)
- The Blades Formation Aerobatic Display Team
- General Dynamics F16 Fighting Falcon (Belgian Air Force)
- Raiders parachute display team (Royal Navy)