Category:Visitor Information Centre
The Brighton Visitor Information Centre used to be located at 4-5 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE . The centre used to offer a single point of access for all visitor information and visitor services, including hotel bookings and the sale of combined tickets. Its location alongside the Pavilion was especially useful as most daytrippers to Brighton would be headed towards the Pavilion (or to the pier beyond) anyway
The Centre was then joined by a satellite Visitor Information Point at Brighton Toy and Model Museum, to provide maps and basic information for visitors who had just arrived in Brighton by rail (and forward more complex enquiries to the Centre).
The Centre then unfortunately closed, a casualty of Brighton Council's need to reduce spending.
The Centre's functions have now been (partially) taken over by a constellation of Visitor Information Points dotted around Brighton.
The Centre is sorely missed, but some of the original functions of its staffed information desks are arguably less critical, now that so many people have the ability to search for landmarks and call up maps via their mobile phones.
"The Brighton Centre" VIP
Some of the "advanced" functions of the old Visitor Information Centre are available through the Information Point in the Brighton Centre, by the seafront, but this VIP has limited opening times.
The city's official online tourist information is available from VisitBrighton, at www.visitbrighton.com,
- Brighton Visitor Information Centre, 4-5 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE (until ~2013)
- VisitBrighton's homepage (visitbrighton.com)
- "Brighton's Visitor Information Centre replaced by pop-up points", by Tim Ridgway (theargus.co.uk) – 30th September 2013
Media in category ‘Visitor Information Centre’
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Brighton Information Centre, leaflet, bothsides (~2013).jpg 1,129 × 1,200; 1.11 MB
- Visitor Information Centre, Pavilion Buildings (Brighton 2011).jpg 2,200 × 1,443; 1.15 MB
- Walking Map and Visitor Information Centre (VisitBrighton ~2013).jpg 2,830 × 3,000; 5.3 MB