Dolls from around the World (display)
|Past Displays and Exhibitions|
|Dolls from Around the World|
? - ?
An interesting collection of dolls from many countries, displaying a colourful array of ethnic costumes and national dress, made between circa ~1900 and ~1975.
Included in the display are:
- A Man and a Lady, made by a titled Russian emigre circa ~1900
- Two Hungarian Ladies circa ~1900
- Two Russian Cloth Dolls from the Ukraine circa 1930
- A Lebanese Pair circa ~1950
- An Israeli Monk circa ~1950
- An interesting Indian Yogi meditating and Two Roving Sanyassins (renunciants) circa ~1970
, as well as dolls from Thailand, Africa, Bulgaria, and several other countries.