THE CHAPEL ROYAL
This Chapel is situated in Prince's Place, North Street, and was built in consequence of the increased population of the town. The Foundation Stone was laid by His Majesty. The east front of the structure displays the Arms of the Prince of Wales; who, previous to the opening of the Royal Chapel, attended here. The Architecture is simple and chaste, without ornament. Over the communion table, is a fine painting of our Saviour. in the interview with Mary in the garden.
This Chapel will accommodate one thousand persons. Times of service morning at eleven, afternoon at three. Present Chaplain, the Rev. Dr. Butcher.
— , J. Whittemore, , Whittemore's Royal Brighton Guide, , 1826
, Prince's Place, North Street, was erected in 1793, in consequence of the insufficiency of the parish church to accommodate the increasing population. The first stone was laid by his late Majesty, George 4, when Prince of Wales, who attended the place before his private chapel was completed.
— , Saunders, , The Stranger's Guide in Brighton; Being a Complete Companion to that Fashionable Place, and the Rides and Drives in Its Vicinity., , 1838