Category:Wooden construction kits
Information on wooden construction kits
For the purposes of these pages, we're treating wooden construction "kits" as being sets designed to produce a single very specific model, and wooden construction "toys" as being more "free-form" sets designed to allow a range of possible models, Meccano-style.
- Fret-tool and wood supplier Hobbies Ltd. also produced a vast range of plans for models, toys and household objects that could be made out of wood, some of which could be purchased with packs of wood (which the buyer would have to cut out themselves, normally with the help of a Hobbles fretsaw).
Other than the "woodworking hobbyist" market served by Hobbies, the market for wooden kits receded dramatically after World War Two with the introduction of injection-moulded plastic construction kits from companies such as Airfix, which gave more detail and a finer final surface, and required fewer tools.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category ‘Wooden construction kits’
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.
Media in category ‘Wooden construction kits’
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- GWR Six-Wheeled Milk Van, Ratio Scale Models No709 (WandH 1958-02).jpg 1,200 × 532; 260 KB
- How to build a Ratio Coach Body Kit, instruction sheet.jpg 2,241 × 3,000; 2.03 MB
- Milbro meatwagons ad 1939.jpg 1,186 × 1,459; 436 KB
- Milbro model railway coach parts 1of2 (MilbroCat).jpg 1,600 × 1,073; 251 KB
- Milbro model railway coach parts 2of2 (MilbroCat).jpg 1,600 × 1,044; 236 KB
- Milbro model railway wagon parts (MilbroCat).jpg 881 × 1,200; 178 KB
- Ratio Paints, Webster Development Co (WandH 1958-02).jpg 1,600 × 843; 665 KB
- Scale Models by Ratio, LMS Series, box lid.jpg 2,200 × 435; 634 KB
- Scale Models by Ratio, Southern Series, box lids.jpg 2,200 × 866; 1.24 MB
- Signal Boxes, Ratio Scale Models (WandH 1958-02).jpg 1,600 × 773; 528 KB
- Wren BR Push-Pull Coach, Ratio Scale Models No675 (WandH 1958-02).jpg 2,500 × 1,027; 1.35 MB