Once he'd ended his relationship with Hobbies, Jenkins exercised his ingenuity to produce a range of other items that he hoped would sell under the Bowman Models brand, from chemistry sets and table-tennis sets, to the more exotic.
All British Chemistry Sets
Amusing – Instructive – Quite Harmless
These Sets are specially designed to give the largest possible number of interesting and instructive chemical experiments consistent with safety and absence of mess. No previous experience necessary.
- 729 – Contains 8 different chemicals, bunsen burner apparatus and full instructions for carrying out many interesting experiments (illustrated) ... 2/-
- 730 – Contains 11 different chemicals (14 lots), bunsen burner and additional apparatus with full instructions, etc. (illustrated) ... 2/11
- 731 – A more complete set with 18 lots of chemicals, bunsen burner, additional apparatus with full instructions, etc. (illustrated) ... 5/-
- 732 – As above, but with 32 lots of chemicals, bunsen burner, splendid range of apparatus with full instructions, etc. (illustrated) ... 7/6
- 723 – Similar to above but with larger quantities of chemicals and apparatus, bunsen burner, complete with with full instructions for many interesting experiments ... 10/6
- 724 – A beautiful wooden cabinet containing a splendid range of apparatus and large quantities of chemicals, with full instructions for experiments (illustrated) ... 15/-
Bowman Electrical Sets
British and Guaranteed Perfectly Harmless
The finest and most complete Sets on the market – compare values
These sets are of two classes (a) the practical application Sets which contain ready assembled electrical units for carrying out practical installations and experiments; and (b) the experimental sets which analble numerous fascinating experiments to be made and apparatus constructed, and cover the full theory of magnetism, static and voltaic electricity in all its forms.
- 701 Lighting Set, complete with bulbs, shades, battery tester, switch, clips, flex, etc. ... 2/6
- 702 Lighting and Bell Set with bell, bellpush and many other extras ... 5/-
- 703 Lighting and Bell Set with the Bowman Coil, etc. ... 7/6
- 704 Lighting, Bell and Coil Set with a full supply of extras ... 10/6
- 705 Lighting, Bell and Coil Set with the addition of the Bowan Elecric Motor and other extras ... 15/-
- 706 Lighting, Bell, Coil and Motor Similar to above but with Bowman ynamo and other extras ... 21/-
- 707 Experimental Set with full instructions for carrying out many interesting experiments in electricity ... 7/6
- 708 Experimental Set with materials for a larger number of experiments ... 12/6
- Extra Parts – Bell 2/6. Bellpush 6d. Switch 3d. Bulb Tester 3d.
Bowman 860 Water Motor
One of Bowman's most unusual devices was a small hydroelectric device that attached to a domestic water tap. Turning on the tap then span the turbine, which could either drive machinery directly or drive a dynamo to power small electric lights or charge a battery. It's not recorded what the water companies thought of the idea, but it's likely that they wouldn't have been amused if the idea had caught on!
The Bowman Hydraulic Motor is a revelation in small home power plants. Fixed by a patent grip to any main supply tap in 5 seconds, it turns at terrific speed up to 5,000 r.p.m. The power given out is so great that it is ideal for use with a dynamo when the electricity so generated can be lead to any part of the house for lighting lamps, operating bells and shocking coils, or with a specially designed dynamo for charging small accumulators.
MODEL 860 "HIPOWER" WATER MOTOR
Will drive a sewing machine or considerable number of models. With dynamo, as illustrated, will light from 4 to 6 Bowman 1.5V Bulbs at once, when attached to any tap on a main water supply. Enamelled aluminium case. Highly efficient rotor of non-corrosive metal. Stainless steel spindle in phosphor bronze bearings. Control disc giving any speed from zero to 5,000 r.p.m. Patent grip which fixes rigidly to any shaped tap.
Postage 5d. Price 7/6
Bowman Table Tennis
These British table tennis sets are carefully designed and the bats scientifically balanced, so as to be suitable for expert and tournament play. They are most attractively packed in strong boxes and represent really remarkable value. A specimen of the type of packing employed is shown opposite.
- 750 Enamelled metal clamps and posts, green gauze net, 2 cork handled bats, 3 balls in large divisional box. ... 2/6
- 752 Enamelled metal clamps and posts, green gauze net, 2 cork handled bats (cork and sandpaper faces), 4 balls. ... 3/6
- 754 Brass posts, enamelled metal clamps and posts, green gauze net, 2 improved cork handled bats (cork and sandpaper faces), 6 balls. ... 5/-
- 756 Brass posts, extended enamelled clamps, green gauze net, 2 cork handled bats (rubber and sandpaper faces), 8 balls. ... 7/6
- 758 Enamelled metal clamps and posts, green gauze net, 4 bats (2 cork and sandpaper, 2 rubber and sandpaper), 6 balls. ... 7/6
- 760 Solid brass extending and adjustable clamps, green gauze net, 2 super bats (rubber and cork faces), 7 balls. ... 10/6
Media in category ‘Bowman miscellaneous’
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.