Recent Museum Updates and Upgrades:
We are now plastic-bag-free, thanks to new sponsor Tidmas Townsend Ltd. providing us with classy paper carrier bags!
New MiniBrix building added to one of the building sets cabinets. The very last sets supplemented the rubber bricks with plastic accessories.
- Overhaul of the Museum’s main website
- Corgi Landrover plastic “test shot” on sprue … Before going into full diecast production, moulds would sometimes be “shot” with plastic, to identify any potential problems.
- Replacement of all the screens around the central 1930s model railway layout with brand new perspex.
- Major upgrade to the Minic Ships display. It now features almost all of the original range (we only have about seven more items to find to complete the collection).
- Stationary Steam Engine, and electrical generator
- Märklin gauge 1 “Crocodile” locomotive.
- Addition of a significant architectural model factory building to the 1930s layout, in memory of Denis Hefford.