Find out what’s been happening around the museum and catch up with recent and coming events!
Although We have a very well organised calendar of events that we can look to throughout the year to keep abreast of what’s happening in the worlds of toys, models, steam, vintage vehicles and all the other things that we like to put into our pot of “Interesting Stuff”, there will always be things which crop up which we’ll want to tell you about straight away.
This is the page where you will be able to see those last minute updates, the unexpected and the unforeseen.
If you use RSS then putting this page in will keep you updated of any such events that we put on here as soon as we’re aware of them. However, it’s also a great idea to sign up to our email list, follow our blog and join us on social media via the buttons at the bottom of the page to see our events covered well in advance as well as our publicity for the things we’re currently involved in.
- We will be CLOSED on Saturday the 6th of August 2016. This is the date of Brighton and Hove Pride and we will be joining in the celebrations. We will be open again on the following Monday.
- We will be opening on Mondays during the Summer Holidays!! (From the 25th of July to the 22nd of August) So come down and take advantage.
- We have added a new page to the website where we will be showcasing some of the more sought after items currently in our shop. Keep an eye on this page http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/collectors-market/ to see new items as they are added. You can also find it by following the ‘shop’ link on the bottom menu.
- 25 YEARS! To celebrate our ‘Birthday Week’ we are aiming to run some special guided tours of the museum during this coming week. 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th of May. We hope to run 2 a day, one at 11am and one at 3pm. No extra charge above normal entry prices so come along and learn a bit more about our exhibits and our fantastic building.
- Our Easter Opening times will be as follows: Open, Good Friday and Easter Saturday. Then closed and re opening on the 29th of March.
- Next weekend (19th to 21st Feb), Modelworld 2016 will be taking place at the Brighton Centre. We will have a stall as always and would love to see any of you there. Come and say hello! http://www.brightonmodelworld.com/
- As this is our 25th anniversary year, we will be hosting a variety of events to celebrate. Take a look here to see what’s coming up and when.
- The Toys in the community project website is now live!! Go and have a look to see and hear all of the interviews and memories we’ve collected so far.
- Our Christmas Opening times will be as follows: Open, up until and including the 24th of December. Then closed and re opening on the 2nd of January 2016.
- Launch of our Purchase Appeal to allow us to retain three important items from the collection.
- Japanese Dolls Display Now dismantled. To make room for forthcoming Dolls house furniture exhibit.
- Listen again to our Director, Chris Littledale, being interviewed on BBC Sussex about our new biscuit tin collection here: