Welcome to Brighton Toy and Model Museum's knowledgebase!
These pages hold background information on the Museum's exhibits, and relevant background information on the general and social history of toys and toymaking. Although this mini-encylopedia is powered by the same software that runs Wikipedia (and, like Wikipedia, is a continually-growing "work in progress"), editing is currently reserved for Museum personnel.
These pages are available on the touchscreen terminals arranged around the museum - the knowledgebase currently has over two thousand pages and over three thousand photographs and archive scans, but does not yet cover the whole of the Museum's public collection.
Feel free to explore!
+++WEBSITE SOFTWARE UPGRADES AND TESTING UNDERWAY +++ EXPECT ONGOING DISRUPTIONS TO THE WIKI SITE, 29TH JUNE-4TH AUGUST +++
Entries so far
Inside the Museum
Past events and exhibitions
Currently being expanded...
Other recent pages
Outside the Museum
We have an example wiki page for new editors with styling guidelines and links to further information.
"Stub" pages :
A "stub" page is a wikipage with very little information that needs expansion.
All Pages (view):
Most pages are for Museum exhibits, but there are also pages for some major manufacturers, for some of the original objects that have been modelled, and for other subjects that relate to the Museum and/or its exhibits.
All Categories (view):
At the bottom of each page is an optional list of categories that apply to the page. A page can have multiple category tags. The Wiki software automatically creates and updates page indexes for each individual category tag.
Statistics, as of 5 July 2015
Other online resources
- The Museum's main website is at http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/
- The Museum's LinkedIn page is at https://www.linkedin.com/company/brighton-toy-and-model-museum
- The Museum's Google Open Gallery is at http://brighton-toy-and-model-museum.culturalspot.org
- The Museum's Twitter account is at http://twitter.com/thetoymuseum/
- The Museum's wiki is here, at http://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/info/
- The Museum's news blog is at http://brightontoyandmodelmuseum.blogspot.com/
- The Museum's YouTube videos are at http://www.youtube.com/user/brightontoymuseum/