Hornby 150 at the Museum of Liverpool (Aug 2013)
From The Brighton Toy and Model Index
The Museum of Liverpool is commemorating Frank Hornby's 150th anniversary with a series of events, from Wednesday 28th to Friday 30th August 2013.
The details below are taken from an MoL draft schedule: details may be subject to change.
Talks and Lectures
at intervals throughout the day
- " Join members of the Education and Curatorial teams for a series of talks exploring the history of Meccano, Dinky and the legacy of Frank Hornby. "
11am – 4pm each day
- " Get inspired by members of Merseyside Model Railway Society and the Northwest Meccano Guild as they showcase some of their finest Hornby creations including a block-setting crane and the "Italian Job" coach! "
11am, 1pm and 3pm Friday only
- " Younger visitors can join in with the story of The Runaway Train in our Tent of Stories in the Wondrous Place Gallery. "
- " Get hands-on with Meccano and build your own inventions in the interactive workshop. Plastic or metal: take your pick. "
2pm – 4pm each day
- " Make your own Hornby inspired craft creations to take home. "